- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
I am a substantive NHS Consultant Anaesthetist based at Southmead Hospital, North Bristol NHS Trust.
Areas of interest
Orthopaedics; Trauma; Spinal surgery; Neuro-anaesthesia; Colorectal Surgery as well as General Anaesthesia.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Anaesthesia North Bristol NHS Trust
Medical Education including simulation based education
2012 Pask Certificate of Honour (AAGBI)
2011 Chief Officer Commendation (GWAS)
1. “Lessons from the Battlefield – Human Factors in Defence Anaesthesia.”
S Mercer, C Whittle, P Mahoney. British Journal of Anaesthesia 2010;105: 9-20.
2. "Simulation, Human Factors and Defence Anaesthesia." Mercer S, Whittle C, Siggers B, Frazer R. Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps 2010; 156: S367-374.
- FRCA Royal College of Anaesthetists 2004
- MB BS University of London 1995
- FFICM Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine 2011
- PG Cert Med Ed University of Bristol 2012
- FHEA Higher Education Academy 2013
Reference number 4211709
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Regional Lead - Simulation training RCoA 2020
Details of entry to specialist register
- Anaesthesia , 2008
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Primary stabilisation of multi-directional instability of shoulder joint +/- tendon repair - (1-5)