- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Breast surgery
- Video and telephone consultations
I had training in various sub specialties of general surgery, thyroid and parathyroid surgery including emergency surgery and trauma. Now I am specilising in breast cancer surgery. I have done post CCT fellowship in Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge and gained valuable experience in oncoplastic breast surgery.
Areas of interest
; Breast cancer surgery; , hernia, general surgery, removal of lumps and bumps .
- Booking consultations (BMI Healthcare)
- BMI Meriden Hospital Walsgrave Hospital Clifford Bridge Road Coventry CV2 2LQ
- 0808 101 0337
- Medical Secretary to Mr Makam
- Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital The Chase Blackdown Leamington Spa CV32 6RW
- Swar Bill
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Rathinavel Shanmugam Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Locum Consultant General, and Breast surgeon,
University hospital of Coventry and Warwickshire
I was the surgical specialty lead for Clinical Local Research Network, West midlands(South).
I was the (site) Principal Investigator for Poetic trial ,Place trial, prosper, mammo50 trials in Breast cancer. I have recruited patients in various breast cancer trials eg: ATAC, DCIS, etc.
Sports and Music.
Clinical Excellence Awards.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Telugu - Native or bilingual
- Hindi - Conversational
I have presented various papers and posters in National and international BASO (British association of Surgical oncology)meetings.
Courses offered to GPs
1. Investigation and Management of Breast cancer/breast symptoms.
2. Investigation of thyroid lumps and their management.
- FRCS (General) INtercollegiate speciality Board 2008
- FRCS (Glasgow) The royal college of surgeons of Glasgow 1995
- Post CCT Fellowship in oncoplastic surgery Addenbrookes Hospital 2008
Reference number 4487690
Affiliations / memberships
Member of Association of Breast Surgery
Member of British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid surgery
Member of Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians of Glasgow.
- BMI The Meriden Hospital
- 09:00 - 11:30
- 024 7664 7000
- Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital,...
- 12:00 - 13:00
- 01926 676495
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Excision of lesion of skin or subcutaneous tissue - up to three, Head & Neck (excluding lipoma) - (1-5)
Follow-up out-patient consultation - remote - (1-5)
Excision of lesion of skin or subcutaneous tissue - four or more, Head & Neck (excluding lipoma) - (1-5)
Removal of lipoma - (1-5)
Meriden Hospital (The) (1-5)