- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Schema focused therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
I am a chartered clinical psychologist working with adults with emotional and mental health difficulties in both the NHS and independent practice. My role involves assessment and therapeutic work for a range of mental health problems in adults in both individual and group formats, expert witness reports for legal proceedings, and supervision and training of other therapists and trainee clinical psychologists from Manchester and Lancaster University Doctoral programmes.
Over the 15 years since qualification I have been attempting to continuously develop and refine the service I offer. It is my intention to offer the range of evidence based therapies at the highest level of nuance and rigour, alongside approaches that may lie outside empiricist traditions namely psychodynamic and existential approaches, all within a context of critical thinking and an appreciation of epistemology. My intention is to offer this breadth and depth of psychological thinking with an agility and a commitment to first principles rather than to protocolised formats to offer unique and bespoke therapeutic experiences. In so doing I aim to offer a facilitative space for you to explore yourself and your life and what it is that you want most deeply, and for you to develop parts of yourself you value to help you move closer to living the life that really matters to you. My aim is ultimately for you to approach in your own way, an experience of expansiveness and a sense of wholehearted connection with the different parts of yourself, and indeed with others so that you can live closer to yourself, closer to others and closer to life in a more fluid and undefended way.
Professional Registration Details:
1. Associate Fellow of The British Psychological Society (AFBPsS)
2. Chartered Scientist
3. Chartered Clinical Psychologist of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
4. Registered Clinical Psychologist by the Health Professions Council (HPC)
5. Accredited practitioner by the British Association of Behavioural and
Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
6. Registered Applied Psychology Practice Supervisor by the
British Psychological Society (BPS)
7. Full member of the Division of Clinical Psychology (DCP) of the
British Psychological Society (BPS)
Areas of interest
Adults from 18 years and upwards.
Anxiety problems, such as panic disorder and agoraphobia, specific phobias, generalised anxiety disorder, health anxiety, social and performance anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, body dysmorphia and post traumatic stress disorder;
Mood difficulties, such as depression, post-natal depression and adjustment disorder following adverse life events;
Low self esteem and interpersonal difficulties;
Emotional instability and self harm;
Work related stress and burnout;
Existentially based difficulties;
Please note, this list is not exhaustive and moreover it is not always easy to define one’s difficulties in the first place, so don’t worry if you don’t see your experiences in the list above. Feel free to get in touch to find out whether the service would be appropriate for you. I can usually help you clarify your difficulties and sign post you onwards if not.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Senior Chartered Clinical Psychologist
Salford Primary Care Psychological Therapies Service
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS FoundationTrust
Bury New Rd
Prestwich, M25 3BL
Third wave cognitive behavioural therapies, Contemplative traditions, existential and developmental approaches, psychoanalysis, epistemological examination of research methods.
Literature, psychoanalysis and writing, amongst other things.
Manchester Metropolitan University Award for highest First Class Honours degree in BSc Hons Psychology & Speech Pathology (2000)
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Basic
Clinical Psychology Forum 2006, 2016, 2017
Courses offered to GPs
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
Introduction to Compassion Focused Therapy. A one day workshop for staff, service users and patient relatives.
- BSc Hons Psychology & Speech Pathology. First Class Manchester Metropolitan University 2000
- Clin. Psy. D (Doctorate of Clinical Psychology) Manchester University 2005
- Trauma Focused CBT Training Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre 2007
- Motivational Interviewing Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre 2008
- Schema Therapy for Personality Disorders Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre 2009
- Cognitive Processing Therapy for Trauma Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre 2010
- Compassion Focused Therapy, Introductory, Advanced and Disorder Specific Courses from 2011 onwards Compassionate Mind Foundation 2011
- Introductory Lecture Series in Psychoanalysis Institute of Psychoanalysis 2020
- Foundation Course in Psychoanalysis Institute of Psychoanalysis 2021
- Narrative Exposure Therapy for Complex Trauma NHS England / Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre 2021
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist & Associate Fellow British Psychological Society 2021
- Clinical Psychologist Health Professions Council 2021
- Registered Applied Psychology Practice Supervisor British Psychological Society 2021
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies 2021
Affiliations / memberships
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Please contact myself via the contact details provided.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychology session - (5-50)