- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
I am an experienced Integrative therapist combining Person Centred, CBT, Mindfulness and EMDR approaches to therapy.
I am an Accredited BACP Counsellor with 14 years experience.
I am an Accredited BABCP Cognitive Behaviour Therapist (CBT) with 12 years experience.
I an a Mindfulness Based CognitiveTherapist (MBCT) with 4 years experience.
I am an Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR) therapist with 2 years experience.
I have worked as a Counsellor and CBT therapist in the NHS for 14 years. For 12 of these years I have worked in the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service. For the last 7 years I have also had a managerial role overseeing a team of Counsellors and CBT therapists. I continue to work in the NHS IAPT service on a part time basis.
Areas of interest
I offer evidence-based therapy for depression, anxiety disorders, trauma, including EMDR focused therapy for trauma, stress and other life issues;
My overall aim is to provide a tailored therapy, which bests suits you;
Therapy is a collaborative process, which is focused on helping you to make the changes that are right for you;
The length of therapy you require is always flexible and decided according to your individual needs;
I am a conscientious, dedicated practitioner aiming to provide you with an opportunity to identify and work towards your goals in a safe, supportive environment;
Age ranges include 18 years and above.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Cluster Lead (Southend)
Therapy for You (IAPT)
Essex Partnership University NHS Trust
Southfields Industrial Estate
- Postgraduate Diploma with Commendation - CBT University of Hertfordshire 2010
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma In Therapeutic Counselling South East Essex College 2006
- Eye Movement Desensitization And Reprocessing Richman EMDR Training 2019
- Teacher Training Retreat Level 1 MBCT Focused 7 - day Residential Bangor University Centre for Mindfulness Research & Practice 2016
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- MBACP Accredited Counsellor British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy 2009
- MBABCP Accredited Therapist British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Member of the EMDR UK Association
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - (>50)