- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
I currently offer remote therapy sessions, including telephone or video link, in adherence to current government social distancing guidlines.
I am a BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist (CBT), with a wide range of knowledge, skills and experience of working in both general and mental health settings within the NHS over 28years, and also in the voluntary and private sector. I have worked with adults and also young people (aged 16 upwards), and I am also fully EMDR trained from levels 1-4. I worked in the NHS mental health services as Lead CBT and clinical supervisor for several years; and in further and higher education as a therapist for students and staff. I currently run a private practice providing CBT, for individuals experiencing a broad range of common mental health difficulties, including trauma; a broad range of anxiety disorders; work related stress; depression; and chronic pain. I also provide EMDR for various trauma related psychological problems.
I never underestimate what it takes for individuals to contact a therapist; I hold a strong belief in the CBT and EMDR evidence based approaches, and I have regularly evidenced clients’ achievements, and positive change, throughout the therapeutic contact.
Areas of interest
My areas of special interests are Post-traumatic Stress disorder; social anxiety; pain management; and psychophysiological disorders.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
The Handbook of Transcultural Counselling & Psychotherapy (2011). Edited by Colin Lago.
- Cert Counselling Bretton Hall 1997
- Dip Person Centred Counselling University of Sheffield 2000
- Cert Supervision Temenos Sheffield 2003
- PG Dip CBT University of Derby 2006
- Master of Science degree CBT University of Derby 2007
- EMDR EMDR Association UK & Ireland 2012
- On Culture, mental health and suicide Adira 2020
- Shifting attachment patterns Compassionate Mind Foundation 2019
- EMDR for anxiety disorders EMDR association 2017
- multidisciplinary perspectives - complex trauma & treatment Institute of complex trauma UK - 2019
- CBT, Hierarchy, and Graded Exposure University of Nottingham Psychotherapy service 2017
- Master Class in CBT for Social Anxiety University of Hull 2009
- Attachment Focussed EMDR EMDR Extra 2013
- CBT for Personality Disorders, Skills workshop University of Hull 2015
- Managing Chronic Pain: Practical Skills Workshop BABCP South Yorkshire Region Forum 2015
- Cognitive Behavioural Analysis System of Psychotherapy (CBASP) Intensive Training. 2014: RDASH, NHS Tayside, and University of Dundee. RDASH nhs Tayside & University of Dundee 2013
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Lead Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist NHS Mental Health Service 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- BABCP accreditation , 2008
Affiliations / memberships
British Psychology Association member
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies - accredited member.
- 12 Clifton Mount. Rotherham. S65 2AQ
- 09:00 - 18:00
- 07779 813406
- 12 Clifton MountRotherhamS65 2AQ
- 09:00 - 16:30
- 07779 813406
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - (>50)