- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
I am 50 years of age and I have worked in mental health for over 30 years in the NHS and in private practice too. I am passionate about helping others achieve their goals .Mental Wellbeing is just as important as our physical health and its important to take steps to make sure sure we take good care of it.
Your mental health influences how we think,feel and behave and I am passionate about helping others become more emotionally resilient and have the tools to cope with difficult situations and maintain a positive outlook.
Areas of interest
I am a fully accredited Cognitive behavioural therapist with the BABCP. I work for the NHS also as a Cognitive behavioural Therapist.
I am also an accredited EMDR Practitioner EMDR-Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing Therapy with EMDR Europe & UK. I have also completed the Foundation year in Mindfulness based Cognitive Therapy MBCT. This enables me to teach Mindfulness.
I have a background in Mental Health Nursing and I am also a registered mental health nurse.
Additionally I am currently training in Clinical hypnotherapy.
I work with a range of problems from
depression;anxiety;eating disorders;PTSD;phobias;social anxiety;health anxiety; social anxiety;low self esteem,OCD.
I also specialise in working with long term conditions such as COPD,cancer,diabetes.
Additionally I am a qualified British wheel of Yoga Yoga teacher.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Work for the Derbyshire NHS.
IESO digital Health.
Walking with the Wounded.
I am interested in progressing with Yoga and Yoga therapy.
I enjoy running and have completed two half marathons. The most recent was the Great North Run 2019 where I ran for the Charity Walking with the Wounded.
I love animals and I am passionate about helping others.
As a Yoga teacher I also practice yoga daily and mindfulness.
- BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist Derby University 2008
- Accredited EMDR Europe EMDR practitioner EMDR Europe 2013
- certificate in health promotion Open university 2004
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Derby school of Nursing 1994
- Long term conditions Nottingham University 2017
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy Nottingham Mindfulness centre 2018
- British Well Yoga Yoga teacher British Wheel 2021
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- registered mental health Nurse NMC 1994
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist BABCP 2009
- clinical hypnotherapy Rugley hHypnotherapy 2018
- EMDR Practitioner EMDR Europe 2021
Affiliations / memberships
British Wheel Yoga
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - (>50)