- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
I am a psychotherapist trained at the Bowlby Centre, London, and have many years experience of working in private practice and within the NHS. Some of the reasons people come to see me are to do with: stress or anxiety, emotional difficulties brought on by relationship problems, divorce, struggling to adjust to change, and experiences of loss. I am committed to making a difference in the lives of the people I work with when facing the challenges life throws at us..
What happens at the first meeting?
The purpose of this first session is to give us a chance to meet each other and get a sense of how we might work together. We will talk about what brings you to therapy and what you are hoping to resolve or achieve. You have an opportunity to ask any questions you might have about the different therapy options. At the end of this session you will hopefully have the information you need to help you decide what is the next step for you.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; depression; relationship problems; divorce; separation; loss and bereavement; trauma, work related issues
My doctoral and postdoctoral work focused on the investigation of early life risk factors for serious mental illness.
I am an author and co-author of articles published in the following research journals; British Journal of Psychiatry, Nature, American Journal of Psychiatry, Schizophrenia Research, Bipolar Disorders, European Psychiatry, Psychological Medicine, Brain, Journal of Pediatrics and Psychiatry Research.
- PhD King's College London 2008
- Attachment Based Psychoanalytical Psychotherapy The Bowlby Centre 2006
- Mentalization Based Therapy Anna Freud Centre 2010
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy Anna Freud Centre 2014
Affiliations / memberships
- British Psychoanalytical Council (Accreditation for Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy)
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy
- Council for Psychoanalysis and Jungian Analysis
- Forum for Independent Psychotherapists
- The Relational School
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychotherapy session - (1-5)