- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
I'm a Registered Accredited Counsellor, working with adults, with over 20 years experience.
We all have times when we need some extra support, when we need a space to be heard and understood. I have worked with lots of different issues, and life can bring many things that affect us deeply. As a counsellor, what seems most important is to offer a compassionate, supportive relationship where anything can be talked about.
I can offer short or long term counselling, tailored to your needs. I aim to work at your pace, firstly taking time to really understand what is happening for you, and then we can think together about what you need from the counselling.
I can help you to:
- explore and change unhelpful patterns in relationships
- understand and lay to rest unresolved conflict
- develop strategies to help you manage difficult symptoms. e.g. anxiety, sleep difficulties
- work through stuck or recurring feelings and move on from unfinished business
- understand things from the past that are bothering you to help you move into now and towards the future
- use mindfulness skills to reduce negative and self critical thinking, and to soothe painful emotion
I have been a qualified counsellor for over 20 years and have worked in a range of settings including education, the voluntary sector and the NHS.
I am integrative in approach, which means I draw on a number of therapeutic models in my work, depending what feels most useful for each person. These models include psychodynamic, humanistic, attachment and mindfulness principles.
Areas of interest
Anxiety and stress; Bereavement and other kinds of losses; Relationship difficulties; Depression; Self-esteem and confidence; Change or feeling stuck; Difficulties at work; Living with disability or illness; Separation and divorce; Childhood issues; Abuse: including physical, sexual or emotional; Eating disorders and body issues; Traumatic experiences
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Counselling session - (5-50)